Saturday, December 3, 2016

Koen's Entry 2

Hi guys! It's me, Koen Davies again. For some reason Mom hasn't written anything for about two months. So that means I've got to tell you guys about what we've been doing, and other stuff like that.

I'm starting with the 6th grade retreat. I honestly don't like retelling the events of the night, so I might skip that part. Maybe. Or, I guess I should put it in for your entertainment.

So first, I got on a bus for two hours and watched Star Wars Return of the Jedi. Then we got there, and this is what it looked like:
The 6th graders. I'm in the front middle.
So we got in our rooms, and had lunch, did some stuff, and other things. Okay, so I guess I have to go to the night part now.

I walked through the dark pathway down to our room. Frogs croaked in the blackness, and the stone road felt hard under my feet. Lights came into my vision, and I made out the outline of 5 houses, or rooms. A single lamp glowed on the house marked 25. I stepped onto the porch, took off my shoes, and stepped inside.

I knew something was wrong. All my other classmates who were in this house were huddled around the couch, except for Richard, who was still at dinner.

"What's wrong?" I asked Keanan. His eyes were wide and he shivered with fright.

"Werewolf!" Keanan stammered. "Out the window!" The other kids cowered in fright.

"There's no such thing as werewolves, ghosts, or anything else you've seen in movies!" I said.

"Prove it!" one of the others shouted. The light flickered. We were bathed in total darkness. Then the light came on, bright as usual. Keanan screamed. That set everyone else off. I knew there was no such thing as ghosts, but my heart was hammering all the same. I burst out of the door and ran back down the path.

Thankfully, I ran right into the last boy in my house, Richard.

"Don't go back in there!" I panted. "They're screaming and terrifying themselves!" We continued to walk back to the house, number 25. Richard sighed.

"Why do you think I wear a bracelet with 9 crosses on it?" he muttered. I  saw a flash of silver on his wrist shaped like a cross.

We arrived back at the house. I reached for the handle, but the door opened from the inside.

"Boo." I said as the door opened. Keanan screamed. He was clutching the doorknob. He ran back to the couch and sat down.

A minute later, Richard and I had managed to calm most of the kids down. And then,
SCRATCH, SCRATCH, SCRATCH.

Keanan and the others went into hysterics. A noise like claws on wood was coming from the door. Keanan and my friend Tucker dove behind the refrigerator.

"Don't kill me!" Keanan whispered. I was frozen, right in the middle of the living room. I was too suprised to move. I had been so convinced that monsters didn't exist...

The door flew open.

My teacher, Mr. Mike, stood at the doorway, grinning. I collapsed on the couch, breathing hard. The others came out of hiding. We all laughed, but it was a strained laugh.

We divided the rooms. The people who weren't scared got to sleep upstairs. The people who were slept downstairs. I slept downstairs. I wasn't scared, I just knew that the upstairs had no heat.

6 kids in 3 beds. Wow.

I slept near the end of the bed, in between Tucker and Keanan. We had 5 minutes of silence. I was drifting off, and then...

"So guys, what should we talk about?" Keanan whispered. I groaned. "Look at the curtains," he said. "You see how they're open just a sliver? And it's making that light on the wall? That's scary." A small beam of light hung on the wall. "And you see that mirror?" he asked. "It's not reflecting!" He whimpered.

"You see that picture in the mirror?" I grumbled. "It's the one right above your head."

"So it is." Keanan muttered in fascination.

"The closet is scarier than a mirror," Tucker whispered. "And I'm next to it." I heard Keanan gulp. He reached for something under the blankets.

A noise like a chip bag being opened, and a crunch came from next to me.

"Keanan, are you eating?" This was another boy, Matthew. The last boy, JeJe, laughed.

"Mm hmm." Keanan said.

"Put it away," Tucker whispered harshly. "Or I'll tell Mr. Mike."

"You wouldn't." Keanan was wide eyed.

"Oh, I would." Tucker whispered. Keanan slipped the bag back under the pillows.

We had a couple minutes of silence after that. All of the sudden, something snapped outside our window. Tucker and Keanan grabbed the sheets and covered themselves from view.

A couple hours later, I was still tying to sleep. Richard and JeJe were snoring, and Keanan and Matthew had been having a quiet conversation. Tucker lay perfectly still.

"Tucker, you awake?" Keanan whispered. A grumble came from Tucker's side of the bed. "How about we tell funny stories to make us sleep!" Keanan said. If you readers already know this, funny stories make you laugh, and laughing wakes you up.

"What time is it?" Matthew asked. Keanan's watch glowed.

"11:49." he said.

"I want to tell a story first," Tucker said. "So, um... There was a man, and... DID YOU SEE THAT?" Tucker sat bolt upright, his eyes wide in terror, his shaking hand pointing to the window. "I saw, I saw... A hand! Outside the window!"

"That's not true," I muttered.

"Must have been a butterfly." Tucker said.

12:00.

"I'm scared." Keanan whispered. "Did you guys see the schedule? It said 'Lights Out', at 10:00! Do you know what happens in between 10 o'clock and 12 o'clock?"

"You turn into a werewolf?" Matthew asked.

"No, but werewolves turn into werwolves at 12!" he spluttered. Then, something happened. A scream split the silence. Keanan uttered a silent scream of his own.

2:00, AM. I finally fell asleep.

I hope you enjoyed my story, I will be publishing it on December 29, 2016, look for it in stores! Just kidding, I'm not going to publish this. But don't worry, I am an author. I hope I will be able to print some of my stories, including The Wonders of Science, The War of the 4 Armies, and The Bikers of Taman Mediterranean Golf (The Bikers of Taman Mediterranean Golf is not yet the official name of the book).

Okay, enough about my books. Let's talk about something else: How about, Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving at the Admiraals house. I'm in the orange shirt.
We actually had 2 Thanksgiving parties. How awesome is that? About as awesome as me, but maybe not that awesome.
Thanksgiving with the Bittners. I'm wearing red, Ty's in blue,
Zeek Bittner is in green, and Isaiah Bittner in black.
So, I had an awesome Thanksgiving. And one of the best parts? When Thanksgiving is over, you get to transition to Christmas. Thanksgiving at the Bittner's went from eating chicken instead of turkey, to sucking on candy canes while watching a Christmas movie. 
Candy canes at Thanksgiving? Why not!

So this wraps up my second entry. I hope you enjoyed it, and if you did, look for The Wonders of ScienceThe War of the 4 Armies, and The Bikers of Taman Mediterranean Golf in stores near you, in about, I don't know, um, maybe ten or so years. 

Ok, let's say this is the end of the entry. Ending in 3... 2... 1... 0....................................................

5 comments:

  1. I forgot to write this, but the scream that we heard at 12 o'clock was actually a girl in one of the other classes surprising another girl while she was trying to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent story Koen! I am a friend of your Grandma Smits. This paragraph:
    "I walked through the dark pathway down to our room. Frogs croaked in the blackness, and the stone road felt hard under my feet. Lights came into my vision, and I made out the outline of 5 houses, or rooms. A single lamp glowed on the house marked 25. I stepped onto the porch, took off my shoes, and stepped inside."
    Set the tone for the whole story. I can't wait to read your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Koen - u had me at "Return of the Jedi"! Melanie Burghgraef

    ReplyDelete